The SEPTA bus fleet consists of approximately 1400 buses which operates out of nine (9) depots throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area. These depots are Allegheny, Comly, Callowhill, Frankford, Frontier, Midvale, Southern, and Victory. The ninth depot, Germantown, is mainly used as the brake shop for the bus system, but is also where contracted routes 310 (Horsham Breeze), 312 (Cornwell Heights Shuttle) and 316 (LUCY) are based out of. Additionally, this is where the RTS and New Looks of the SEPTA Historic Fleet are stored. This section will contain any information regarding to the bus fleet in general, for the latest depot assignments please go here.
Click on the photo to see the Photo Gallary.
|Engine||Transmission||Fleet #||Active||Depots Assigned to:
For Detailed Assignments
|1997||North American Bus Industries||416.08TA||40'X102"||DD Series 50||Allison B-400R
|5001, 5256-5400||89 Left
|1998-2000||Neoplan||An460||60x102"||DD Series 50||Allison B-500 5 speed||7101-7255||155||Comly, Allegheny, Midvale|
|2000/1||Eldorado Transmark||RE-29||29X96"||Cummins ISB||Allison B-300R
TPC - Germantown
|2001||New Flyer||D40LF||40X102"||Detroit Diesel 50||Allison B-400R
|5401 (4), 5402-5500||100||Callowhill, , Southern, Victory|
|2002||New Flyer||DE40LF||40X102"||Cummins ISL||Allison E Drive||5601H-5602H||2
|2002||New Flyer||D40LF||40X102"||Detroit Diesel 50||Allison B-400R
|2003||New Flyer||D40LF||40X102"||Cummins ISL (5)||Allison B-400R
|5613-5712||100||Midvale, Southern, Victory|
|2003||New Flyer||DE40LF||40X102"||Cummins ISL||Allison E Drive||5603H-5612H||10
|2004||New Flyer||D40LF||40X102"||Cummins ISL (3)||ZF Ecomat (6HP-592)||5713-5830,
|218||Callowhill, Comly Frankford, Midvale,
|2004||New Flyer||DE40LF||40X102"||Cummins ISL||Allison E Drive||5831H-5850H||20||Southern|
|2004||Champion||Defender||27'/96"||Cat C7||Allison 1000||2070-2097||9/28||Contact Operations|
|2005||New Flyer||D40LF||40X102"||Cummins ISL||ZF Ecomat (6HP-592)||8000-8119||119/120||Southern (7),
|2008||New Flyer||E40LF||40X102"||Kieper traction
/Cummins QSB diesel generator
|2008||New Flyer||DE41LF||41'X102"||Cummins ISL||Allison EP Drive 40
Callowhill, Comly, Frontier, Victory
|2009||New Flyer||DE41LF||41'X102"||Cummins ISL||Allison EP Drive 40||8220-8339
||Midvale, Allegheny, Frankford|
|2010||New Flyer||DE40LFR||41'X102"||Cummins ISL||Allison EP Drive 40||8340-8459||120||Victory, Frontier, Frankford, Southern
|2011||New Flyer||DE40LFR||41'X102"||Cummins ISL||Allison EP Drive 40||8460-8559||100||Callowhill, Comly,
|2013-2016||Nova||LFS ARTIC HEV||60'X102"
||Allison EP Drive 50
|| 7300-7414 (9)
1) 4501 was the prototype bus; built in year 2000
2) 4581 was received in 2005 purchased from another transportation authority. It replaced 4539 which was retired due to a fire.
3) Originally delivered with Detroit Diesel 50 engines.
4) 5401 was the prototype bus for the 2001-2003 order of New Flyers. It was built in 2000.
5) Originally delivered with Detroit Diesel 50 EGR engines.
6) Second batch of 2004 New Flyers (5851-5950) have Catalytic Converters installed on them rather than the particulate trap installed on the rest of the D40LFs. These 100 units were originally set to be delivered in 2005, but the contract was amended for these units to be delivered in Summer 2004.
7) In 2005, Southern was the only depot throughout the system to use ULSD fuel.
8) #800 is the pilot for the 2008 order of trackless trolleys; it was built in 2007.
9) Confirmed hybrid buses.
10) Possible additional Novabuses